We've made it! After a long coach journey, we have arrived safely at Leeson House.
After dropping off our bags and having a quick snack, we ventured off to explore the local town of Langton Matravers.
Walking through the town, we listened to stories of smugglers and what life was like working in the mines of Purbeck hundreds of years ago. We learnt that even 11 year olds went to work!
Once we returned to Leeson House after a very muddy walk, we attempted to make our own beds... some more successful then others.
Dinner came next; a hearty meal of pizza for everyone! Then an exciting nightwalk around the fields of Leeson House, listening to stories of bravery from World War 2.
We are looking forward to what tomorrow holds!
Friday, 19 January 2018
Here are some ideas that you could at home to help learn your spellings.
· Make up your own acrostic poem
· Write your words in a sentence – remember punctuation
· Use rainbow writing to write each spelling out
· Use pyramid writing
· Find letters of your spellings in a newspaper and cut these out to spell each word
· Use curvy writing to write each word out
· Write a short story and include all your spellings in it
· Write your spellings out up and down
· Write your spellings out in alphabetic order
· Think of a rhyme or mnemonic to remember your spellings
· Write out your spellings using a different colour for the vowels
· Write your spellings onto flashcards x2 and play matching pairs
· Ask someone to write out your spellings incorrectly and you find the mistakes and correct them
· Make a word search using all your spellings